Volunteer Recruitment Policy
Ratoath Harps AFC existence depends on the voluntary effort of all its volunteers. Volunteers are the driving force of the club and without volunteers the club would not be able to offer football opportunities in our community. It is important that the club provides a healthy environment for volunteers and recruits the right people for the right job. The following recruitment steps will help to protect young people and assist in placing volunteers in a position to which they are suited and supported.
1. Role Descriptions – The club will provide a role description for all new volunteer positions that will include aset of tasks and a time commitment. The volunteer role will be publicised through the club’s communication channels.
2. Application form – A brief application form will be provided for all applicants. This ensures the relevant information is collected and that all interested parties are treated fairly.
3. Interview – The applicants will sit through an interview meeting with at least two members of the Committee.
4. Reference – Every applicant will provide at least two references who will be contactedbefore the commencement of any role.
5. Garda Vetting – In line with legislation and the FAI’s child welfare policy everyone working with children or vulnerable adults will require Garda Vetting before starting their role.
6. Induction – Every new volunteer will have received an induction to ensure that they are familiar with their surroundings, comfortable and made aware of the club’s policies and procedures.
7. Training – Where possible the club will provide training to upskill volunteers.
8. Volunteers – All volunteers will adhere to the clubs and the FAI’s rules and code of conducts.