Under current Government recommendations, Ratoath Harps AFC are permitted to allow our Junior Section return to training as and from the 26th April. Our Senior Section will be allowed back training as and from the 10th May.
For the foreseeable future, the recommendation is to train in pods of no more than 15 (players and coaches combined) whilst doing your utmost to obey Covid-19 standard recommendations such as social distancing. The level of contact between players during training sessions whilst the ball is actively in play is deemed to be casual contact. Its imperative that once the ball is out of play, all parties present must work with social distancing recommendations.
Society is now familiar with the general recommendations. Whilst we will do our best to enforce the guidelines, the onus in upon all members to do the right thing.
We encourage all members to carry hand sanitisers with them for use before and after training. We are not permitted to use any changing rooms at this moment in time, however we will allow our players access to bathroom facilities if required keeping us in line with best practice.
Please see below key bullet points for your consideration.
Before you train you must stay at home if you :
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or a suspected case in the last 14 days.
- Have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell
- Have a temperature of 38C or more.
- Experience the sudden onset of a cough or shortness of breath
- Experience a sudden loss of taste and smell
- Check with your GP if you are in a high-risk health category and if you are medically fit to train.
- Familiarise yourself with COVID-19 safety protocols at our club.
- Ensure your club has up-to-date contact details for you.
- If you have additional concerns due to underlying medical conditions – or are living with people with underlying conditions – please discuss these concerns with our clubs COVID-19 compliance officer.
- Ensure you have clarified that it is safe for your to return to training.
We thank you for your ongoing support on this subject. With a strong collective effort hopefully we can move on from the current training guides to competitive matches during the months ahead.
Stay Safe, Stay Well, Hold Firm.
Ratoath Harps AFC.